What's Up...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Feb. 6, 2011

Dearest Peoples,

Nother way slow week. So many meetings. Church was pretty cool. We should be having a baptism this weekend if her fellowship doesn't talk her out of it. They think if they show any excitement for her getting baptized, they'll be construed as "pushy". Goodness gracious I don't like that word. So many people's baptisms get pushed back and sometimes don't even happen because members are afraid of being pushy.
So I guess my spiritual thought for this week is that baptism is what the scriptures say it is. A commandment and a saving ordinance. People spend get so caught up in "are you sure they're ready?" and " I want to make sure they're doing this for the right reasons" that people who really want to get baptized start doubting themselves and lose their desire completely. We need to be excited for people who are taking this step to follow their Savior. If we're all hesitant and "are you sure you're sure" about it than people get really confused. The only person who should question whether or not someones motives or readiness for baptism is the Zone Leader interviewing them. Rant over.
I love you guys, try and stay warm. Give Simon a hug for me! Poor lil' dude.

LOVE
Elder Uppnercamp

P.S.
I don't know what your talking about, I'm not getting any older

No comments: