What's Up...

Monday, July 25, 2011

Elder A, July 25, 2011

I am so jealous of Daniel, he gets to see Captain America in the theater. But this is worth it.

I am having a great time down here, but the ward is SO SMALL! They have one ward that spans 4 or 5 cities around here, some people have to drive 50 miles to get to church. There are only 60 or so active members so the church here doesn't have a gym, not even a half gym, but there are tons of inactives so we have a lot of work to do. And there are 20 or so churches just in Sidney and only one is LDS, so almost everyone we meet says they have a church so we can get lost. They don't actually say get lost, everyone here is very polite and respectful, but it boils down to the same thing.

My comp is awesome. His name is Elder Nuttall, he played football and did band in high school so he is a bigger guy, but I'm still bigger than him. He has me teaching him how to box every morning. He is a great missionary and he is the District Leader, but he wasn't taught a lot of the stuff they want him to teach me, nobody ever really taught him how to use the Area book and stuff like that so we've been figuring it out as we go. And I am teaching him a lot of the new stuff they had us go over at the MTC. So we are both learning a bunch.

Punches & Kicks,
Elder This Guy

P.S. Someone stole the "S" off of the Church sign out front. Now it says "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Aints". I got some pictures of it that I'll send ya. I'll probably send home my memory card like next week. When you get it, think of Jack Black when you look at Elder Nuttall, they are the same person. They have the same facial expressions and everything.

ONE MORE THING! Don't get rid of my Facebook! I'll be using that for online proselyting. We also have to make a Mormon.org account, and make our own blog. We get an hour everyday for all that stuff. We have to do 6 weeks training, and then have an interview with the mission president to make sure you actually know what you'll be teaching before you get to do it though. We are the pilot program for online proselyting for the entire church, I think they may have one more in like New York or something but that's it, so they have to make sure we don't mess this up. So when they have me doing that I can chat with you guys that way.

No comments: