What's Up...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

From Elder Uppencamp Nov. 10, 2010

Hey Everyone,

Yes, I am in fact, in Port Angeles. Sorry it's Tuesday and not P-day but transfers were yesterday and we had to drive like two hours to get here.
My area is right in the city itself. We cover most of downtown and the waterfront so I'll have to give you some cool pictures.
My new companion is named Elder Tueller. He came out with me so I'm pretty stoked. We have our own ward for the first time so I'm pretty excited. Our apartment is way small. I am also on bike now, so pray extra hard for me to not die.
My last week in Olympia was way cool too. We baptized three people on Sunday. My favorite was Sloane, she used to be totally agnostic and really anti-church. But we gave her a Book of Mormon and she felt the Spirit. She has had a way hard life, but as we taught her she started to light up. She was way excited to get baptized, and right after it happened she was the happiest I've ever seen her. I was also there when she said her first prayer and it made me cry.
Anyways, My new address is:

1115 S Lincoln st apt #3
Port Angeles, WA 98362

I'm way excited to be here and I'll send back some cool pictures. I love you all. Support your local missionaries!

LOVE
Elder Uppencamp

No comments: